How do I become a registered seller?
Signing up as a registered seller and creating listings on Petroleum Listing Place is easy. Simply go to “I want to be a Seller” and complete the seller sign up information and electronically execute the seller user agreement. You’ll then be able to login in as a registered seller and immediately be able to start creating listings on Petroleum Listing Place.
Does it cost to create a seller listing on Petroleum Listing Place?
It is free to list your properties on Petroleum Listing Place and you only pay a nominal success based commission fee of one percent (1%) of the total purchase price paid by a buyer or one hundred dollars ($100), whichever is greater, when you sell or lease your listing. If you are unsuccessful in selling or leasing your listing, you pay nothing. See the Seller User Agreement for complete details regarding commission fees that may be owed to Petroleum Listing Place.
How do I become a registered buyer?
Signing up as a registered buyer and reviewing seller listings on Petroleum Listing Place is easy. Simply go to “I want to be a Buyer” and complete the buyer sign up information, electronically execute the buyer user agreement and you'll automatically be signed up for a free trial on Petroleum Listing Place. You’ll then be able to log in as a registered buyer and immediately begin reviewing all the listings on Petroleum Listing Place. At the end of the free trial period you'll have the option of continuing your buyer subscription by submitting payment of your annual membership fee of $250.
Do you charge a fee to become a registered buyer?
When you initially sign up as a registered buyer on Petroleum Listing Place you're automatically signed up on a free trial basis. At the end of the free trial period you'll have the option of continuing your buyer subscription by submitting payment of your annual membership fee of $250 and your buyer subscription will continue for a full twelve months from the date you submit your payment or you can simply choose not to submit the payment and your subscription will be cancelled.
What are the different categories of listings available on Petroleum Listing Place?
- Oil & Gas Properties for Sale – This category of listing is used to sell operated and non-operated working interests, overriding royalty interests and royalty interests in one or more existing wells. There can be additional “upside” potential in the form of recompletions, workovers, drilling new wells, etc. Sellers should advertise any such upside potential accordingly.
- Minerals for Sale - This category of listing is used to sell non-producing minerals that are either leased or unleased.
- Minerals for Lease - This category of listing is used to lease minerals that are currently open or unleased.
- Oil & Gas Prospects for Sale – This category of listing is used to sell non-producing leasehold acreage where the seller has identified multiple drilling locations in one or more geologic horizons. The acreage blocks are typically larger in size. Sellers may choose to sell all or a portion of their interest.
- Leasehold for Sale – This category of listing is used to sell non-producing leasehold acreage where the seller has not identified specific drilling locations or the acreage blocks are not of sufficient size to warrant multiple drilling locations.
- Proposed Wells for Sale – This category of listing is used to sell interests in wells that have been recently proposed by an operator.
- Saltwater Disposal Wells for Sale – This category of listing is used to sell operated and non-operated interests in existing saltwater disposal wells.
- Saltwater Disposal Well Prospects for Sale - This category of listing is used to sell identified drilling locations for one or more commercial saltwater disposal wells on land subject to an existing saltwater disposal lease or seller owned fee acreage.
- Midstream Assets for Sale – The category of listing is used to sell pipelines or gathering systems.
- Businesses for Sale (oil & gas related) – This category of listing is used to sell businesses related to the petroleum industry.
- Equipment for Sale (oil & gas related) – This category of listing is used to sell oilfield related equipment.
Do you have to list properties/assets individually or can you list multiple properties/assets together?
A listing can contain one or more properties/assets. It is up to you as the seller to decide how best to group your properties/assets to best meet your divestment goals.
I have multiple properties/assets that I would like to list on Petroleum Listing Place but don’t know if they should be sold all together or sold individually. How do I know what to do?
The founder of Petroleum Listing Place has over 20 years of experience in divesting oil and gas assets and can provide a unique level of guidance to help you meet you divestment goals. Go to our Contact Us page and give us a call or send us an e-mail to discuss your specific situation.
As a registered buyer, how do I know when new listings are posted on Petroleum Listing Place?
Registered buyers receive a single daily e-mail notifying them of any newly posted listings meeting their acquisition criteria as selected in their "My Profile". To receive this e-mail notification, simply go to your My Profile page and complete the “States of Interest” and the “Categories of Listings I’m Interested In” sections. The e-mail notification is driven off your choices in these two sections. You can also log on to the website and check for new listings or updates to existing listings.
Does the owner of Petroleum Listing Place try and purchase properties/assets listed on the website?
The founder/owner of Petroleum Listing Place will never compete with other buyers to purchase properties/assets listed on the website.